Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Feels Like Fall

It started storming yesterday afternoon which added to the somber mood of the end of a great weekend.  The rain also brought cool weather that lasted through today.  Sitting at Meg's soccer game tonight I even had to use a blanket to keep warm.  I didn't mind the lower temperatures as the heat and humidity bother my ankle and make the boot I have to wear feel even warmer.  It was strange, however, to be wrapped in a blanket on September 5th.

The wind has also kept the bees away.  I was worried about them in late August as we had more of them swarming our back deck this year than in the past.  We haven't seen any this week, but that may also be because the deck is no longer covered in sap from the cherry trees.  I had never seen that before either.  I scrubbed it clean many times in the month of August as well as the table and chairs that we use for dining outside. As sticky as it was I am sure that the bees were enjoying it.  Thus, I will be thankful for the cool, windy weather for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment