Saturday, September 30, 2017

A Fantastic Saturday!

Doug, Brett and Cam met Carl and Marina at the Knights of Columbus for breakfast this morning.  Cal had to work and Meg and I decided to sleep in.  They enjoyed their time together and brought back some pancakes, eggs and sausage to share.  I had started on the laundry yesterday and got back to it as soon as I got up.  I had told the boys to bring their clothes, towels and bedding home.  They did, but  it wasn't as much as I thought it would be.  Cal also brought home some items that he didn't need at his house, so I organized those as well.  Brett went with Doug to the grocery to pick up supplies for the next couple of weeks as well.

Cam, Doug, and I accompanied Brett to the winery this afternoon.  He really enjoyed it and Cam and I got in some corn hole time.  It was the perfect afternoon break from the homework and housework that we were all trying to catch up on.  Carl and Marina met us back at our home after the winery.  Meg played the piano for them which we all enjoyed.  Cam had to serve tonight and Doug was an usher, so we all went to mass before dinner.  Meg made it to mass, but left from there for senior night at the boys' soccer game.

Cal made it back from work by the time we got home and my parents were able to join us as well.  Cam challenged Brett and my parents to a game of croquet while Carl and Doug were grilling steaks and pork chops.  Dinner was delicious with a lot of desserts to sample.  Hannah-Marie arrived after her volleyball tournament and there were several rounds of cards played before the evening came to an end.  Meg was back to hang out with us before bedtime.  She had had a great time with the junior class at the game even though Argos once again got the better of Bethany's soccer program.

No comments:

Post a Comment