Wednesday, August 30, 2017

WIT

When Meg transferred to Bethany we talked to the guidance counselor about yearbook.  Meg had taken it at Wawasee and had attended the class with Rachel on visit day last February.  I encouraged Meg to try it as I thought it would be a great way to meet students that weren't in athletics.  The class does not have a scheduled block time during the week, so they meet on Wednesdays at 7 a.m.  Meg asked me to take her as she doesn't want to drive that early yet.  Although it does mean that we have all been up earlier on that day, so far it hasn't been a problem.  Some of the other WIT (yearbook) students have siblings there early in the morning, so Cam always has someone to play ping pong with.  I don't mind it either as I get to school by 7:10 a.m. which is helpful on Smart Start day.  I have about twenty minutes to get my lesson plans on the board and unpack my papers before our meeting.  WIT will add to Meg's workload, but so far it has worked out well.  She has met more students and has been able to spend time with Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment