Saturday, August 19, 2017

Soccer and More Soccer

What a day of soccer today with five games total.  Doug and I started at Cam's tournament at Lakeland Christian Academy.  There were eight teams total in the tourney with two pools.  Each team had to play three games and the winners from each pool then met in the championship game.  Cam's team played very well winning all of their pool games easily.  Cam's team jumped out to a big lead in all three games and he got to play in each one.  The last of the pool games was against LCA and Cam played almost 25 minutes of the 30 minute game.

After the pool games the team had a 45 minute break.  Doug left for Meg's game at Northwood and I ran to Arby's for a sandwich for Cam and I.  I took the opportunity to use the restroom there as well.  The LCA soccer field was pretty basic and I decided when I got there that I wasn't interested in using the port-a-potty they had available.  Cam told me that I made a good choice.  His game started at 1:30.  They played West Noble who had destroyed everyone in their pool games.  It was a lot tougher match than any of the previous games that Bethany played and they soon found themselves on the wrong end of a 4-0 score.  Even though they lost, it was fun watching the boys play.  They all seem to get along very well.

Meg's team played Northwood today.  It was a tough game, but Doug thought that it might be.  The Panthers were pretty good last year and by the time Cam and I arrived Bethany was down 3-0 which proved to be the final score.  Meg played forward when she was in the game.  We are not sure how much she will play this year as it seems that he has her slotted for about half the game.  The best part, however, was that everyone was nice to her and included her.  That was different than years past and should make it a lot more fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment