Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Nearing the End of Summer

Our director of curriculum called me on Monday to see if I would sit in on a Learn Zillion training session.  Our corporation has decided to use this program for our elementary math students and as a resource at the middle school level.  She said that I would then be a liaison for teachers in our building that would need help with the program.  I was proud to be asked and interested in learning more about Learn Zillion.  I had used it with my high ability students at the end of the school year and there were some questions that I had.  My only concern about agreeing to be a part of the training was the fact that Cameron had an appointment scheduled with Dr. Allen regarding his knee.  I called Doug to get his thoughts and he offered to take Cameron until I could get there at my lunch break.

Today was the training session and it went well.  We talked a lot about growth mindset at first which I felt that I had a handle on.  Late morning and the entire afternoon were spent on using Learn Zillion.  I really appreciated those sessions as I gained a lot of knowledge on their program and was able to have all of my questions answered.  Doug drove home from work and took Cam to the doctor.  Just as Dr. Allen got in the room, I arrived.  Cam definitely has Ogden Slaughter's disease in his left knee.  Besides ice and Ibuprofen there isn't much he can do about it.  It stems from growing quickly and playing sports. If it gets worse, then he will have to sit out a season.  Hopefully, that doesn't happen.  The good news was that he will outgrow it.

Meg had a great day with her friends.  She met Preston, Aaron, Graham and Clayton at Center Lake.  After they swam they all went to Steak and Shake together.  She made it back in time for practice.  Since Cam was golfing with my Dad I told her that I could drive her and walk while she was at Bethany.  Doug stayed late to finish up some work and Cal spent the day at Tippy.

No comments:

Post a Comment