Sunday, August 13, 2017

Guys and Dolls

Once I figured out that Brett was coming home this weekend, I reserved tickets at Amish Acres for Guys and Dolls.  Brett had seen it at IU years ago and really enjoyed it.  Therefore, he was up for another viewing.  My Dad also wanted to go, so we all caught the matinee this afternoon.  I did not know what to expect from the musical and thought the first half was a little slow.  Cam agreed with me, but Meg, Dad and Brett really liked it.  The second half picked up and we all thoroughly enjoyed how it ended.  Our next reservations are for Sister Act in October during Brett's fall break.  Doug may even join us for that one.

After we got home Doug, Cam, Cal and my Dad left for Tippy.  They had plans to play nine holes before dinner.  While they were gone Brett sorted through all of his clothes downstairs still in tubs and the miscellaneous items he had stored.  He then packed for his trip back to IU tomorrow.  Our plan is to leave after his dentist appointment at 8 a.m.  I am hoping to help him unpack and have dinner before leaving at 3.

My Mom and Dad joined us for dinner tonight after golf.  The guys had had a great time with Cam almost beating my Dad.  Doug said he started off slow, but had a very respectable round in the end.  Cal topped them with a 38.  Dinner was delicious and we all enjoyed spending the evening together.  It has been wonderful having everyone home for the weekend.  So glad that Brett will be at IU this year.  It will be great to see him more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment