Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Celebrating Cal

We have had a great summer having Cal home.  It sure seemed that he has enjoyed it as well.  He remarked time and time again on how much he liked working at Tippy.  He also was able to finish an economics class and still have time to hang out with Hannah-Marie and his friends.  We have even gotten to spend a lot of time with him.  Today he and I had breakfast with my Mom and Dad and her siblings and then went grocery shopping at Meijer.  He was enthusiastic when talking about his sophomore year and may even look for a job once he returns.

It didn't dawn on me until a week ago that one perk of Cam and Meg starting school so much earlier than I was that I would get to spend so much time with Cal.  He was here most days while I was cleaning and always had a story to share.  Through his encouragement I have officially become an "Impractical Jokers" fan and have watched more of the gameshow network than I would have thought possible.  We will miss him as he heads back to Bloomington tomorrow and were glad that he suggested one last meal together at Chubbie's to celebrate such a wonderful summer.  It will be strangely quiet once he leaves, but thankfully we know that he has become a great communicator.  We are already looking forward to visiting him over Labor Day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment