Sunday, August 6, 2017

All Boxed Up

Meg, Cam and I decided to go to 11 a.m. mass this morning.  We had talked about going last night, but realized that the garage sale was going to run past 5 p.m. so we couldn't.  Doug arrived from Bloomington before we left.  He didn't join us, however, as he had work to do.  I was surprised at how few parishioners were at mass.  In summers past the late mass was always packed.  Doug has remarked several times how small the lake crowd has been this summer.

We spent some time this afternoon boxing up all of the garage sale items.  The majority was earmarked for donations.  I did keep a couple items to either put on Ebay or use in my classroom.  It took a couple of hours to get it all packed up.  I was glad to be done.  We do not plan on having anymore garage sales in the near future, so it was a relief to get rid of so many items.  We also made quite a bit more money than I had figured that we would.  That was a nice surprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment