Wednesday, July 19, 2017

On to Ohio

For the past ten days or more the weathermen had been predicting hot and humid weather for this week.  They definitely got it right.  It was well into the 90s without the heat index.  I decided that I would take a break from walking today and for the first time all summer I spent the majority of the day inside.  I didn't mind as I had a lot to do to get ready for our trip to Ohio.  

I did find time to stop by Aunt Vicky's today.  I had to take the guinea pigs to Mom's and thought that the boys would like seeing them.  Maddox was the most interested and held them for awhile.  When I got back home Cal and Hannah-Marie were at there.  Today was their two year anniversary and they were debating where to go for dinner to celebrate.  Cal was sure that the local restaurant at our bowling alley was appropriate.  HM agreed with me that there had to be a better place.  I left them money so that they could hopefully try somewhere else even though Cal told me as I left that there was "no better restaurant than Chubbie's."

Doug and I departed for Bowling Green close to 5 p.m.   We stayed at the same Hampton Inn that we were at with the Heinisch children years before.  We found a dinner place to try called The Sunset Bistro.  It was ranked the #1 restaurant in the area and we really liked it.  Doug had the salmon flatbread and I chose a club sandwich.  We ended the night at Buffalo Wild Wings as it was in the same parking lot as  our hotel.  There were more soccer games on their televisions than I had ever seen, which we both enjoyed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment