Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Home Base

Doug asked me if I enjoy having Cam and Meg both gone as they are seldom out of the house at the same time.  Although I have been using the time to complete some projects and am looking forward to going to Ohio with Doug later in the week, I actually do not enjoy having them gone.  Mrs. Meek saw me in CVS yesterday and asked how Cam and Meg were doing.  She was glad that they were having a great time, but understood how I felt.  She loved having her own children at home even if it was just as their home base.  I would agree with that completely.  In saying that, however, I wouldn't wish them to miss out on fun activities in life like Camp Crosley.

The nice part of them being gone was that I got to spend the day with Cal.  He offered to dog sit for Winston since Hannah-Marie was in Chicago.  We both enjoyed that.  We were also able to clear out a couple of boxes from his room that he had wanted to go through.  We got our fill of Gameshow Network and even fixed his computer.  I have enjoyed having him home for the summer.  I realize that soon he may not make us his home base, so I will cherish the moments for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment