Monday, July 24, 2017

Conditioning Week Begins

Meg started conditioning this morning with the Bethany soccer team.  It wasn't too rough and she felt pretty good afterward.  While she was at conditioning I spent time walking.  In an hour and a half I made it 8,000 steps which also felt pretty good.  Cameron slept in this morning.  He was worn out from yesterday and his week at camp.  Once he got up he and Mom went golfing.  He was proud to report that he shot an 82.  That was his lowest round at Maxwelton to date.

After lunch Meg invited Preston and Aaron over to hang out.  They spent the afternoon making friendship bracelets and talking about their past two weeks.  When Doug got home he set up the badminton net in the backyard.  We had fun playing against him.  Meg, Aaron and Preston even joined in after pizza.

Cal left this morning before six.  He and his friends decided to go to Cedar Point for the day.  He texted several times to say that he was having fun, but has definitely joined the majority of us in getting sick on the rides.  Cedar Point has some of the biggest and the fastest in the world, so I could see how that could happen.  They didn't stay as late as I thought they would and he was home before midnight.  I was worried that they would be too tired to drive, so I was glad that they had a good time and were still able to leave by 8:30 p.m.

While I was worrying about Cal's trip to Cedar Point, Brett texted that he was stuck in an elevator.  At first I thought he was joking, especially when he said that Rod Serling arrived and told them they were on their final drop.  Unfortunately, he wasn't joking.  The elevator in the Congressional offices had stopped and he and several others were trapped.  With that being one of my worst fears I told him that he didn't have to panic as I was already doing that for him.  They did call for help and after a half hour they were on their way out the door.  Brett even made it to his meeting on time.


No comments:

Post a Comment