Sunday, July 30, 2017

A Day on the Lake

Doug and I spent a lot of the early afternoon at my Mom's setting up the garage sale.  We didn't have as much as we did in June, but there was still a lot.  Fortunately, I spent time organizing everything after the earlier sale and setting up was a lot easier.  I had planned on working most of the day, but while we were there Hannah-Marie had texted us to see if we wanted to come over to play tennis and go to dinner on the boat.  That sounded a lot better to Doug then working on the garage sale, so we decided to call it quits at 3.

Meg spent most of her afternoon at Preston's going away party.  A lot of their Milford friends were there and she enjoyed visiting with them all.  She made him a memorable gift and I stopped by before she left to wish him well.  Doug, Meg, Cameron and I then all left for the Lamle's.  Cameron had already spent a lot of the afternoon in the water.  Dad got his flamingo float blown up and he had fun with that by their pier.  He was excited to go to HM's, however, as she had a paddle board.  He had had really enjoyed that class at camp and couldn't wait to try it again.

I stayed with Cam while he was paddle boarding.  He was right next to the tennis courts, so I could watch everyone play and visit with those taking a break.  I decided not to play.  My ankle has not recovered this summer and until I find out from the doctor what I should do about it, I didn't want to hurt it even more.  I did have a lot of fun watching everyone and after awhile Meg decided to paddle board while Cam kayaked.

Cal got off work at 5.  Once he got home we loaded up the boat and headed to Oakwood.  Mike's sister and brother-in-law were visiting as well and we enjoyed the company.  We were seated a lot quicker than I thought we would be as we were such a large party.  The food was delicious.  We hadn't been this summer, so I was glad that Meg and Cam got to eat there before school started.  On the boat ride back, Hannah-Marie did some wake boarding.  Cam even decided to try.  It was tough, but he did alright once they changed it up for him.  The ride back was a lot of fun and we were so happy to be included on their day on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment