Friday, July 14, 2017

A Chance to Catch Up

Cam played golf with my Mom this morning.  Once he got home we started on the packing for Camp Crosley.  He was excited to get his supplies around and to talk about the activities he would like to try.  This year he thought that he would sign up for canoeing, kayaking or paddle boarding as he hasn't tried those before.  It is supposed to be hot, so a water activity sounded great to me.

Once Doug got home, they headed to the golf course.  I had plans to meet up with my friend Jen, so I didn't join them this time.  The course was packed, so they only got in seven holes before they had to quit.  Cam wanted to catch Despicable Me 3 with my Dad at 7.  We had talked about it for weeks, but hadn't come up with a time to see it yet.  I was glad that they got to go tonight.

I had a great visit with Jen.  She's been very busy with her daughter Grace's graduation, so we hadn't been able to connect.  We both decided that we would sit out our 30th class reunion later this month.  I'm glad that a lot of people want to get together, but it just wasn't for me.  We do plan to have some type of get together with our friends this fall.  Grace is going to IU, so she will have some weekends free after mid-August.  I met up with Doug after Grace headed home.  We went out for a late bite to eat before we picked up Cam.  It was a beautiful day and I was glad to catch up on so many items on my summer to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment