Wednesday, November 9, 2016

A Complete Upset!

Brett and Doug went to bed before I did last night.  I woke Doug up at 10:30 p.m. to let him know that it looked like Trump would win Ohio and Florida.  Neither of us expected him to carry both states, but Brett did.  Cam had been following the election all night.  We sent him to bed around 10:00 as he had Agape Bell Ringers in the morning.  He told me that he couldn't sleep so he came down at 11:30 p.m. and saw that Ohio had been called for Trump.  He had a good feeling about the election after that.  

Cam was right and Brett's prediction was spot on.  Trump won fairly easily and by the time I woke I had multiple texts from Cal declaring his excitement.  He was the only one of the Heinisch family that made it through the night watching the returns until 4 a.m.  Trump was officially declared at 2:30 and won Wisconsin and Pennsylvania which hadn't even been listed as swing states earlier in the week.  

All of the Heinisch family members were happy.  I did not realize how much I did not want Hillary to win until I thought that she might actually lose.  I was absolutely thrilled when I woke up and realized that she would not be our next president.  It was almost a relief.  I do not believe that she was the best candidate for the job and I am glad that the electoral college agreed with me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment