Friday, August 5, 2016

6th Grade

Today was the first day of 6th grade for Cameron and what a difference a year makes.  Cam was excited last year and well packed with supplies, but nervous and unsure.  He only knew one family, the Leiningers, and none of them were in his class.  He also really wanted Bethany to be his forever school.  He was very unhappy in 4th grade and was hoping that a change would help.  As I dropped him off today I realized that he got exactly what he asked for - new friends, new challenges and new experiences and a place that felt like home.  As I took his picture outside of the school and Meg and I yelled, "Bye peeps!" as Cam walked in the door I couldn't have been happier for him.

Once we dropped him off Meg and I traveled to South Bend for back to school shopping.  Her first stop was Dick's Sporting Goods.  She found the exact pair of cleats that she wanted and they were much less than the $300 pairs of some of her teammates.  I appreciated that.  We stopped at Kohl's next armed with our 30% off.  I found several shirts and Meg bought everything she wanted except a pair of Jesus sandals.  We then headed to the mall.  Meg completed her back to school shopping by checking out Forever 21, Hollister and Journeys.  I really liked her new shoes.  I would have picked out the same pairs when I was her age.  We did have time to stop at Yankee Candle and once again I was able to put my coupons to good use.  I found the perfect pumpkin candle holder for my table.

Our last stop before lunch was Best Buy.  I had $20 in gift certificates to use.  We looked for Cal a refrigerator, but they were too expensive.  Instead I purchased a heavy duty portable charger that should work for Cam's iPad as well.  We had lunch at Meg's favorite - Noodles & Company (or just Noods).  She did switch it up by trying the Wisconsin Mac & Cheese.  From lunch we went to Target and then to visit Godmother Jeannette and Joshua.  We had a great visit and I couldn't believe how much he had changed already in just two weeks.

I dropped Meg at piano on our way back through Goshen.  Cam was in playing ping pong after school.  I went in close to 3:50 to remind him it was piano day and they were having a great time.  He  said that his first day was awesome.  They ended the day with fun group activities and Dilly Bars.  As we drove home from piano Cam talked of nothing but school.  Thrilled he enjoyed the first day and has found his niche.

No comments:

Post a Comment