Thursday, June 23, 2016

Coincidence

Yesterday as we were getting ready for Cam's friends to come over for his get together Mrs. Kaiser texted me.  She asked me if I would be interested in teaching 6th grade math full time next year.  What a coincidence that a lot of the 6th grade Milford students were at my house at the time.  The other coincidence was that just last week I had started thinking that if a 5th or 6th grade full time position came up that I might apply.

The first thing I did when I got the text was call Mary.  Normally, I would call Doug, but I had questions for Mary I wanted to ask before I talked to him.  She was very honest and answered them all.  Some were about the class load, others about working as a part of the 5th/6th grade team and a couple were concerning students.  She also gave me tips on working full time verses part time.

By the end of the conversation I was ready to bring the subject up with Doug.  Last year had been a challenging one at school.  There were several reasons why.  I believe switching might solve most of the items, but some are out of my control.  Doug and I talked through those and he gave me his thoughts.  The extra money would be nice and I already know all of the students.  I also love teaching math and believe that it is the subject I teach best.  Thus, the mastery program does not scare me from trying it.  Doug and I have talked in the past about me working two more years.  If I switch to full time and it doesn't work I really worked my two years as I was scheduled for half days before.  My guess, however, is that this won't be the case.

I emailed Cindy three key questions about taking the position.  Her answers to those were all in the affirmative, so as of right now I am planning on applying.  Glad to have had some time off this summer before I had to consider this.  I trust that God has a plan for us and this would seem to work well for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment