Thursday, February 18, 2016

A Great Day!

Today we found out why my vision is distorted and blurry at times.  I have dry eyes for sure, but I also have small cataracts on both lens.  They are not enough for surgery yet, but they are distorting my lens and have changed my vision.  They also cast a shadow which makes it harder to see at night.  The good news is that these are manageable.  I will use medication for dry eyes and have my vision tested in two weeks.  The ophthalmologist also looked at my optic nerves.  Since they are not inflamed I do not have MS which was the first fear.  He also does not believe that I have a brain tumor, but will check my field of vision at the next appointment.  If I pass that test I do not have to have an MRI!!  I was very glad to hear that.

In addition to this great news I was also able to attend Cameron's field trip today.  The fifth grade has been studying matter and molecules and decided to explore Science Central for some hands on activities.  I thought it was a wonderful adventure.  They learned about the stages of matter and "walked on the moon."  Cameron rode a bike that was perched at least two stories in the air.  There were fun mirrors and several exhibits to try.  I believe his favorite was the slanted room.  It made for some great pictures as it was hard to travel up and down without falling.  I was thrilled to spend time with him.  He has made great friends at Bethany and they have fostered his learning in a way that I had hoped for.  It was an awesome day for both of us and thankfully Cam's asthma is finally a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment