Friday, January 29, 2016

What a Difference

This morning we had a two hour delay.  It was called after 6:30 and I was already up.  Therefore I used the extra time to look up pre-diabetes and see what information I could find.  There was a wealth of information on the internet and I was surprised at how many of the things I had been doing that were actually increasing my sugar levels even though I was losing weight.  I eat a banana everyday for breakfast.  According to what I read I should eat almonds with it as that will help my body digest the sugar slower and help reduce the symptoms I am having.  I also learned that I should not eat anything over 50 grams of carbohydrates.  That eliminated the Lean Pocket I had ever day for lunch.  I had cut out fat and fiber from my diet as the gastroenterologist recommended that to help me with my stomach problems.  He was right.  It helped me digest my food more quickly, but it also was putting the sugar into my body too fast.

After reading all that I did I thought I would try a few tips.  I couldn't believe the difference.  Although I did not feel perfect today I felt a lot better.  I did not have as many vision fluctuations and was not as lightheaded.  I plan to buy a book tomorrow that will have more tips and maybe some recipes.  I know I will tire of meat and vegetables, but if they help I sure will continue on.

No comments:

Post a Comment