Friday, January 15, 2016

The Dark Side



A couple of weeks ago Mrs. Blauvelt said to me, "Oh, we should have ordered you a Yoda teaching shirt, so we can all wear them on the same day."  I totally appreciated her saying that, but I knew in my heart that I could never wear the same shirt as everyone else.  I wanted to participate with them, however, as these are some of my and Meg's favorite teachers at Milford.  That's when I decided that I had to represent the dark side.  I found the perfect shirt at Kohl's with Darth Vader in a duel with Luke and once the day was chosen I was all in.  The students loved the shirts and caught on immediately that the shirt fit my personality immediately.  So glad that they asked me to participate and understood that the non-conformist in me had to be my own person.  My favorite line of the day, however, was when Meg looked at the picture of us on Facebook and said, "Mom, you're just like Cal.  You have to be you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment