Monday, January 25, 2016

Snow Make-Up Day

I cannot remember the last time that we were able to have a snow make-up day off in January.  In fact most years we had already missed school in November for fog, so we knew months in advance that we would not have the day off.  This was not the case this year.  As of Thursday the 21st we had not any snow days and were free to miss Monday from school.

I was glad as this weekend was a very busy one.  I didn't feel the best yesterday from all of the activity, so I appreciated having a day to get a lot done.  Cam and Meg both made it to the dentist.  I set up an appointment for Cal in February and a follow up one in March for Meg.  Both have minor dental issues that Dr. Mayden wanted to spend more time on.  I was able to drive Cam to school and afterward Meg and I spent some time at the grocery store.  We decided to try their deli hot foods for lunch and some pasta salads as well.  She and Cal were happy with our choices.  I spent a good portion of this afternoon folding laundry and watching Sense and Sensibility while Meg worked on homework.

We picked Cam up at 3:30 and then headed to Target.  They each had purchases that they wanted to make and I needed to buy the items on my grocery list that Lance's did not have.  I finished the evening at the library board meeting.  Doug did not have soccer because of school being closed today.  Thus, we had a nice quiet dinner at home.  It was a good day and I would take a lot more like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment