Saturday, January 16, 2016

Semi-Formal 2016

 


Today was the day that everyone had been waiting for since it was postponed in November -
Semi-Formal.  Meg was super excited as this was her first dance and I believe by the time Cal got dressed he was equally ready to participate.  Meg and I spent quite a bit of time on her hair and makeup after tennis.  She looked very nice as she left for Gabby's.  Paula made the four of them - Meg, Gabby, Kaitlin and Bethany - chicken cordon bleu and served it at her home.  Doug and I met them there at 7 to take pictures of all of the girls.  Everyone looked lovely and seemed to enjoy their photo shoot. Doug, Meg and I picked up Preston at 7:30 to come back to our home to take pictures.  He matched her well and even bought her a bouquet of blue roses to match her dress.  Meg and Preston let me take their pictures and came up with some fun poses along the way. 

I wasn't sure until yesterday if we would be able to coordinate taking pictures of Cal and Hannah-Marie.  They were meeting at her house and Cal was also driving Harry and his date.  They were more than willing to let us in on the fun, however, and in between dropping Meg off at Paula's and picking her up we followed Cal to Hannah-Marie's home for their photo shoot.  They looked lovely as well and we took some great pictures before they left for Oakwood.  My favorite may have been the photo bomb by Flower the Labradooodle. 

Doug and I dropped Meg and Preston off at the high school at 8 p.m.  I was more than ready to sit down and eat a quiet dinner with Doug by then.  We went to the Channel Marker and made it home in time to download pictures before both couples returned to our house.  From listening to them talk I know that they had a wonderful time dancing and hanging out with friends.  I am glad that the evening was everything that they hoped it would be.  I appreciated being part of it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment