Sunday, January 10, 2016

End of Indoor

Today was a bittersweet day for Doug and Meg.  It was the end of indoor soccer season.  Both of them enjoyed it and I could tell from today's game that Meg has really improved over the last two years.  Just as we have with each game all season we head to Buffalo Wild Wings where the conversation generally turns toward what they thought about the game and what Meg needs to work on.

Cam and I do not usually sit through the entire game, but today's was only 25 minutes long so I asked him to watch.  He didn't mind as he won another frog for his crane game collection.  I had fun watching Meg play.  What I love most about soccer season whether it is indoor or outdoor is the bond that Meg and Doug have formed through it over the years.  It is no secret that Meg would spend her time with me over Doug.  We have more in common through our years at Milford and being the only girls in the Heinisch Family Frat House.  It's nice that she has stories to share with him and memories that will last a lifetime.

In saying all of that I am glad that one season has ended as team tennis has just begun.  It makes our life a lot easier with both Cam and Meg playing on different teams.  Plus Doug and Meg still have Monday night soccer and soon enough the high school season will begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment