Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Diabetes?

I went to the eye doctor today as I have been having trouble with my vision.  There are times that I cannot see well and it feels as though I am in a fog.  Other times I can see just fine and have no problems.  I assumed it was a light issue or a migraine issue.  Either way I thought he would give me some tips and a new prescription.  I was wrong.

As I described my symptoms to Dr. Kauffman he stopped and said, "I can check your eyes, but I can't give you a prescription.  Your eyesight should not be changing this much in a day."  He then asked me about other symptoms - light headed, nausea, dizziness, excessive thirst and frequent urination.  I have all of those, but assumed they were related to my headaches.  The doctor did not feel that was the case.  Thus, I am fasting tonight for twelve hours so that I can have blood work done tomorrow to see if I have diabetes.  I had not thought of that before, especially since I have lost 25 pounds, but it would make sense.  My Dad has diabetes on his side and I do have a lot of the signs.  I am praying, however, that this is just one more test that will be negative.  I will know soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment