Saturday, January 2, 2016

Close to Shore

Brett gave me the book "Close to Shore" at the beginning of break as a belated birthday gift.  The book had looked very interesting to me and every time I picked it up at Barnes and Noble I thought about getting it.  It definitely did not disappoint.  I loved how it told the story of not only the shark attacks of 1916, but also the history of the Jersey shore at the time.  It also gave me a glimpse into the life of a great white shark.  The book Jaws was even based on the attacks.  I finished "Close to Shore" this morning and thoroughly enjoyed it.  It has been a long time since I read a 300 page book that quickly.  I believe I am not ready to take a turn at Anna Karenina.

Cam and I spent the afternoon in his bedroom.  I have not helped him thoroughly clean it out in quite some time and it desperately needed it.  I could not believe all that we got done in under three hours.  He can now open his drawers, use his white cabinet and see the tops of the dressers.  We took out two boxes of unwanted items and a bag of garbage.

Doug and I went to dinner in Fort Wayne tonight.  They had a new spaghetti dish that I really liked.  We topped it off with the eggnog cheesecake.  I am sure that it will soon be replaced on the dessert menu, but we certainly enjoyed it.  Brett and Cam played Monopoly with my parents ending in a draw.  They then talked Meg into watching Christmas with the Kranks with them.  All involved agreed that it was the worst Christmas movie ever.  Cal spent his evening watching IU basketball and working on a 1977 Star Wars puzzle that was given to Doug many years ago.  What a great treasure to find in our basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment