Monday, December 14, 2015

Mean Girls

I have never understood why some girls can be incredibly mean to each other and not care that they are hurting others.  Even more fascinating to me is how these girls have friends.  I understand not liking everyone, but the name calling, backstabbing and gossiping that some girls spend their energy on is amazing to me.  My Mom would tell me that they do it because they are jealous or insecure.  She may be right.  My goal would be to raise a generation that does not feel threatened by one another and accepts others for who they are.  I know there are people out there like that and I believe Doug and I have raised the Heinisch children to feel confident and secure in who they are.  Maybe the majority of people are nice, caring and excepting of others.  It could be that the mean girls just get a lot more attention.  It could also be that I am more sensitive to it.  I do realize that boys are not always nice, but it just feels different with girls.  My hope is that all children feel good inside and grow up to be productive, positive members of our society.  It may be a tall order, but Christmas seems like the perfect time to make this wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment