Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Hope

I had an appointment today, so I took the day off from school.  I spent several hours of it still working on school related items - shopping for my class, taking groceries in to school and grading papers - but it was nice to get a lot of Heinisch family items accomplished also.  My favorite part of the day was taking Cameron to school.  I do not get to do this often and I love his enthusiasm for his new surroundings.  He has definitely been a lot happier this year.

I also came up with a plan of how to handle the rest of this school year and thoughts for next.  The five classes and two Warrior times have been challenging to stay on top of.  I feel better today about the second half of the year and have hope for changes for next year.  Since I was already off for my doctor's appointment I was able to get in and get a haircut as well.  I had two inches cut off.  I am not sure it is noticeable, but it feels healthier.

In between grocery shopping, the doctor's visit and my haircut I was also able to clean Cal's room, put laundry away, wash towels and change bedding.  I have been working on pictures and got a lot accomplished there as well.  Cameron came home with a large red spot on the white portion of his eye.  Since it was close to his iris and was concerning him I called the doctor.  They were able to work him in at the end of the day.  I appreciate Meg going with us to keep us entertained.  Cam's eye is a product of the cold he has and should be fine.  Doug and I were sure that would be the result, but felt better having someone confirm that for us.  I realized today that teaching and being a support to the Heinisch family is challenging.  I definitely hope to change that situation next year and for now will focus on one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment