Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas Take Down

We left this morning for piano and talked Brett into going with us.  Our caveat was stopping at Olympia for lunch.  He enjoyed catching up with Mrs. Meek and we all liked the new chair that her children got her for Christmas.  I used the time to work on organizing the Christmas ornaments.  I brought both tubs and finished just as they completed their lesson.  We picked out music to work on next week - Cam found four Willie Wonka songs and Meg wanted Lord of the Dance and Beauty and the Beast.

After piano we stopped to pick up the calendars.  They looked very good.  I am glad that the power came on last night so that I could finish it.  Unfortunately, our luck struck out with Olympia again.  They were closed and do not plan to reopen until the New Year.  Brett and Meg decided that they would eat at Maria's instead and Cam and I picked Penguin Point.

Once I got back from lunch I started taking down the Christmas.  Brett was disappointed, but I usually start on the 26th.  It is such a long process that I hate prolonging it.  I took a break to take Meg to tennis.  She hit well and has really improved in the six weeks that she has been taking lessons.  Team tennis starts on the 9th.  She is looking forward to that.

Doug decided to make a couple of recipes tonight from the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival book that we bought him at Disney World this fall.  One was from Germany and the other Morocco.  They were both delicious.  He brought home Little Caesars for everyone else.  Kaitlin came over after tennis to spend the night. Cal and Stephen went to the Notre Dame girls Game with Hannah-Marie's and Aubrey's families.  They had a lot of fun.  Since our plan was to stay in I worked the rest of the evening on the Christmas.  I still have a lot to do, but made a good dent this evening on it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment