Saturday, November 21, 2015

Let It Cheese, Let It Cheese, Let it Cheese

Meg started playing Christmas music several weeks ago.  I told her it was too early, but she and Cam have enjoyed it. Lately, they have been making up their own words to the songs and my favorite so far has been their version of Let It Snow - "Oh the weather outside is Cheesy, but inside it's so deCheesy.  As long as you cheese me so, Let it Cheese, Let It Cheese, Let It Cheese."  Today they could sing the song all they wanted as it did snow all day long.  It didn't change our morning plans, but by the evening the girls basketball game was cancelled and we were all snowed in for the night.

The day was not a total loss, however, as Cam was still able to make it to his chess tournament in Warsaw.  He played well and finished second in the 5th grade category only losing once and to the eventual winner.  Evan was there as well as his friends J.J. and Kayden from Bethany.  The boys had fun hanging out together and playing speed chess and anti-chess.  Doug took him over and I met him there at noon.  I enjoyed talking with Mary while we waited for the rounds to start.

Doug and Cal made it to South Bend for the Notre Dame basketball game.  ND won easily and Doug and Cal enjoyed going.  The snow was heavier in South Bend, but they did alright driving up and back.  Cam and Brett went to my parents for an hour or so.  Brett introduced them to his new favorite serious - Gotham.  Meg and Doug made dinner for everyone.  She made her mac and cheese from culinary arts and he made his own recipe.  They were both delicious.

After dinner we all played Clue.  For the first time in a long time I actually won.  Brett, Meg and Cam were arguing about who would make it to the dining room first and I beat them all there.  Meg bowed out after Clue and Brett, Doug, Cam and I played Rummy.  I forgot how much I liked that game.  We finished the night watching Amityville Horror with Brett.  It was a little unrealistic, but still creepy.  Hopefully, I will be too tired for it to keep me up tonight.  At least it wasn't The Exorcist.

No comments:

Post a Comment