Sunday, November 1, 2015

Leaf Season

This weekend Doug spent a great deal of time working on the leaves in our yard.  He cut down flowers and brought in a lot of the summer furniture as well.  Unfortunately for him, the leaf season at our house still has many more weeks to go.  We both love owning a wooded lot and having a multitude of trees on our property, but in the fall it does add a lot of work to his weekends.  I appreciate all that he was able to complete especially since he also had to cut up a tree that feel on Wednesday from our woods into the neighbors yard.  Fortunately, it did not produce any damage.

I spent a good portion of the day taking down the Halloween and putting out the Thanksgiving.  Jayce came out of the basement with Cal and said, "Oh man, that's sad."  Cam said the same thing when he saw the Halloween going into tubs.  We did not work all day.  I took Cam, Meg and Gabby to see Harvey at Amish Acres.  It was just like the one I remembered from Brett's high school days.  The girls had seen it back then as well, but didn't remember a lot.  They all really liked it although it got a little long.  Cam said that he was sure that Harvey was real.  Maybe he's right.

Cal let me take the rest of his senior pictures when I got back and before he left to play basketball at the elementary.  They looked great on my camera.  I haven't put them in the computer yet, but I know they will look nice.  Doug and I then went to Lowe's to look at washers.  We found the one I wanted with a built in sink.  I hope it works as well as I think it will.  They should deliver it next Tuesday and I won't have to fight with my current one anymore.  We stopped at Mad Anthony's for dinner.  It sure was dark on the way home, but well worth the time change as I will be able to drive to school in the light tomorrow.  I will appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment