Thursday, October 1, 2015

Tennis Sectional

Tonight was the first round of tennis sectional for Cal.  Doug and Meg had a game at Northwood so they could not attend.  Unfortunately, I had student led conferences and couldn't be there either.  I was bummed as I had attended everyone of Cal's matches this year, but conferences are part of our contract so there was nothing I could do.

Dad, Mom and Cam agreed to go and cheer the boys on.  They had a great draw as they received the bye and only had to beat Tippy Valley to make it to the finals.  After last year's disappointment, however, none of us were taking it for granted that they would win, but we were extremely hopeful.  On the way to school today I made Cam promise that he would cheer as loud as he could and keep me updated on their progress.

In the end there was nothing to worry about.  Cal won easily 6-2, 6-1 as did the number 3 singles and both doubles.  Number 1 singles went to three sets and escaped several match points before pulling out the win for a 5-0 sweep.  Doug and I were both thrilled when we got the text.  With the win we would all be able to attend the sectional final on Friday.  Even Mom, Dad and Carl made plans to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment