Thursday, October 29, 2015

Pumpkin Carving

Tonight Cam and Meg carved their pumpkins.  Meg made hers a cat and Cam picked one out of the book Godmother Jen sent us a long time ago.  Both did a nice job.  It always takes awhile, but each year it gets easier to finish them.  I bought a new spiral candle holder to put in them.  It worked even better than I thought it would.

Once we were finished Cam and I watched "It's a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" and "Fat Albert's Halloween."  Meg is waiting for Saturday night when Brooklyn and Avery are over to watch them.  I love the scene in Charlie Brown when Linus says, "You didn't tell me you were going to kill it" when Lucy cuts into the pumpkin.  I also love the name they give Fat Albert on Halloween - Super Fats.  It always reminds me of Cal's fifth grade Up, Up and Away program when he wore his afro and red sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment