Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Offsides

Tonight Cam and I watched the girls soccer game from the tennis tower.  Cal had a match to finish with Fairfield which he easily won in two sets.  We decided then to decorate for senior night.  It took us all of the Varsity game to get the streamers around the fence of the tower, but we were able to watch while we were decorating.  By the end of the game Doug's girls had won 2-0 and the tower looked fantastic.  Meg had an awesome pass that led off the first score and then recorded an assist with the second goal.  She did score the third goal, but the ref called her offsides.  Meg insisted she was not, but it didn't matter as the ref won that call.

Not only was it a great night in the Heinisch home it was also my Grandpa's birthday.  It's hard for me to believe that it has been eight years since he died.  There are times I still think that he is in Florida waiting for us to visit.  I remember all of his words of advice and enjoyed the fact that this weekend IU won at football and Purdue lost.  The part I miss about him most are his stories.  Parce and I were talking about him this past weekend when we were discussing his nephew Gene son of Grandpa's brother Gene.  Time has made the loss a little less painful, but I still miss him a lot.  Cam, Doug and I feed the squirrels in his memory.  I am positive that he still keeps track of all that we are doing.  I hope we have made him proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment