Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Non-Compete Agreement

Just to set the record straight I would like for everyone to know that in no way am I competing with anyone or comparing my children to theirs.  In fact I never have.  The only person I compete with is myself and the only ones I compare my children to are themselves.  I don't even compare them to each other.  That would be unfair.  I only challenge them to be the best they can be and to put their best effort into everything they do.

Thus, if I run into you at a tennis match or soccer game know that when I tell you that Brett is technically a senior as he will earn his undergraduate degree in three years I am only passing on information.  I am not bragging.  Brett worked hard in high school and graduated with 27 hours of college credit to put himself one year ahead.  He didn't do this to impress anyone.  He just hates studying and would like to be done as soon as possible.

Cal has led "The Goats" in the talent show for the last two years and wrote the script for the senior skit because he wanted to make high school memorable for himself and his friends.  He did not put himself at the forefront to received public criticism.  He thought it would be fun and we have been very proud of his effort.  It's ok with me if you don't agree with how we have raised him, just know that he is who he is and we love him all the more for it.  I do not say this to impress anyone.  It's just the way life rolls in the Heinisch family.

Meg plays varsity soccer.  She's worked hard to earn a spot on the team over the years.  She has gone to all of the summer practices for the last three years.  She has worked in the off season and has improved greatly.  She is not perfect, but she is the perfect daughter for me.  She is outspoken, confident and hardworking.  I love that about her and wouldn't change her one ounce.  I do not think she is better than your daughter.  I am just proud of who she is.

Cameron started at Bethany Christian this year because he figured out last fall that it would be the perfect fit for him.  I wish we would have started him when he asked last October.  He is not perfect, but he has found a wonderful, supportive environment to learn and grow in.  It is alright with me if you find your school to be the perfect fit for your child.  Everyone doesn't have to agree with me.  As a teacher I wouldn't want your child to be anything but happy.

Everyday I talk to people that do not seem to understand how I think.  I hope this post helps.  I really am just trying to raise children that can make a positive influence on the rest of the world.  Life is not a competition to me.  If it was I would lose.  I have no desire to put my children in a game where others feel free to be critical of them for no other reason than insecurity.  Life is too short for that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment