Monday, September 21, 2015

Manic Monday

On the way to work this morning the Bangles song "Manic Monday" started playing on my iPhone.  What an incredibly accurate song it was for the start of this week.  School was manic because I wasn't there on Friday and had to catch up on grading besides make my plans for the week and answer any questions that arose while I was gone.  After school I hurried home so I could get a walk in before I picked up Cameron.  While walking I caught up with Brett and his weekend.  I loved his comparison of Tony Bennett, who he saw with Parce last night at the IU auditorium, and Sonny Eclipse from Cosmic Rays in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom.  Obviously, we have either been to Disney World too much or Brett has led a sheltered life.  Either way I laughed out loud when he told me.  While on my walk I was also able to stop at the bank and pay the taxes on our home and lot.

I made it to Bethany just as Cam walked out the door.  He had a great day at school and really liked the waffles and sausage for lunch.  We drove straight home to check in with Meg before taking her to practice.  She was excited about the high B she got on her exam in Honors Biology.  Cam, Mom and I dropped her off and said hello to Doug before heading to Northwood for Cal's tennis match.

Cal played extremely well tonight.  In fact I believe this is the best I have every seen him play.  We had so much fun watching him.  He beat a good opponent 6-1, 6-2 and was done early.  I then checked in with the other parents about the food and drinks for this week's conference matches.  I was also finally able to spend a few minutes chatting with a childhood friend who has a son that plays for Northwood.

By the time we got home Doug and Meg were already back from practice.  He made chicken and spaghetti for Cam and Meg.  He and I decided to go out for a quick bite to eat.  The rest of the week proves to be just as manic as today, but we survived this one and had fun along the way.  Cam and I even had time to watch a few Match Game episodes on the way to tennis.  Being a Heinisch is not for the faint of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment