Wednesday, September 2, 2015

First Field Trip

Today was Meg's first field trip for high school.  She went rafting with her environmental science class and gathered water samples for the pollution project that she is working on.  They left at 6 a.m. and returned around 4 p.m.  Even the early morning departure time didn't slow her down after school.  She absolutely loved her trip and couldn't wait to tell me all about it.  She did get wet, but she didn't fall in.  Her group was interesting, but fun nonetheless.

After she told me all about her trip I couldn't help but smile.  When Meg first brought her schedule home she wasn't sure what to take for electives.  I suggested this class as an alternative to Intro to Design.  I knew Meg would like the teacher and that they went on field trips.  So far she loves it and Mrs. Roberts even asked her if she is interested in joining FFA for soil judging.  She also has an A.  Can't ask for more than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment