Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Elkhart Memorial

Tonight I drove to Elkhart Memorial to watch the girls soccer game.  I was glad that I did as Meg played very well and the JV won 1-0.  She had several shots on goal and I really thought that she was going to score.  The ref called her offsides several times and that prevented one of the goals.  The varsity game was a good one as well.  The girls ended up losing 4-0, but they played hard and Meg once again did very well.

This has been my second trip to Elkhart Memorial this fall.  As I drove home I wondered why they chose to join our conference.  They are the farthest drive from Wawasee and even farther from several other NLC schools.  I think that there have to be conferences that are closer to them that they could have joined.  Although they are bigger than Wawasee we usually compete with them well.  That is one benefit to having them in our conference.  I just wish the drive was easier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment