Thursday, July 9, 2015

Starting to Pay Off

It has been a long year working with the library board.  Having a director retire with short notice, a treasurer and another board member have strokes, the bookkeeper abruptly quitting all while in the middle of a remodel was quite a challenge.  I have spent more hours at the library and helping the library than I had ever planned.  There were a lot of times that I was extremely frustrated and wanted to abruptly quit as well.

This week, however, I finally felt like I could see some of that hard work pay off.  The last of the furniture was delivered, we found out we received the $30,000 Dekko grant to finish our remodeling in the meeting room and the County Council approved our request for an additional appropriation of $71,000 from 2014's budget to pay a bill from December that was sent to the wrong email.

I realize that I have been a huge part of the above items happening.  Can't wait to see the new courtyard.  It will be a beautiful addition to the front of the library and a constant reminder of the effort I have put in to make our library a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment