Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Here Comes the Sun

The golf course was finally open today so Cam and Mom were able to play 18 holes.  It was sunny almost all day, but not hot yet.  This has definitely been the wettest summer I can remember.  When Meg and Doug went to soccer Cam and I decided to clean up the sand toys.  It has been a long time since he has played in the sandbox and we thought it was the perfect time since Doug just cleaned the swing set.

While Cam was cleaning (and soaking himself) I spent about 45 minutes picking up sticks and limbs that had fallen in our yard.  I had a very large pile in the fire pit and an equally large one added to our wood pile in the lot by the time Cam was done with the toys.  He and I then went for a walk/bike ride around the neighborhood.  We found one dog to pet and Cam only fell twice - once because his shorts got caught in the seat.

By the time we got back Doug and Meg were pulling in.  They had a lot of fun at practice.  After dinner we all played croquet.  We had to talk Meg into playing with us and she ended up winning.  Doug tried to burn the sticks I piled up but they were still too wet.  It was nice to have a sunny day.  The weatherman is calling for sun the next few days, but I will believe it when I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment