Friday, July 17, 2015

Hearts

Tonight Cal had to work and Meg went with Kaitlin to a church function.  That left Doug, Cam and I at home to figure out what we wanted to do.  After cooking out in a thunderstorm one of us suggested cards.  That was when Cam called Grandma and Grandpa to see if they wanted to join in.  We talked about a few different games but everyone decided that they wanted to play Hearts.

It has definitely been quite awhile since I have played.  We used to play all of the time when the Heinisch children were younger.  The only difference between now and then is less swearing from my Dad and more interesting strategies from everyone.  Cam did get made once when he had to eat the Queen but overall it was a friendly game.  We should have gotten mad at Doug.  He not only ran them to let me Dad win he also beat us in a game of Pit afterward.  Either way it was a fun time on a rainy evening.  I am glad that we made time to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment