Thursday, June 4, 2015

So Many Words, So Much Mispoken

I noticed since I went back to teaching full time (80% time) I am constantly misspeaking.  I don't know why and most of the time I do not even catch it.  I call students by the wrong name continually.  Most of them take it in stride unless I call them the name of someone they do not like.  I've even heard them say to each other - "No big deal - Mrs. Heinisch does that to everyone - just go with it."

I know the reason that I am doing this is because I am tired and busy between school and keeping up with the Heinisch family.  My brain is working faster than my mouth and for the most part it is "no big deal."  Doug and the Heinisch children have noticed it at home as well.  They either make fun of me or correct me depending on the situation.  It hasn't been a problem until yesterday.  Cam and Meg had been all over Kohl's  and Target looking for a new comforter set with me.  We had noticed that a few came with dust ruffles, others with sheets and some with just pillow shams.  I finally found one that I like.  As Cameron went to pick the set up for me I said, "Check to make sure we don't need to buy our own shits."  Cam gave me this look and it dawned on my what I said.  After I corrected myself with, "Sheets, I mean sheets!"  Cam replied, "I was pretty sure we didn't need to buy the other!"  Still laughing about it.  Hopefully, that doesn't happen again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment