Sunday, June 7, 2015

Open House Season

Last weekend started the open house season for us.  This year we were invited to eight with most of them happening today.  My favorite part of the open houses are the pictures.  Most of these students are friends of the Heinisch children and we have watched them grow up.  Some we are closer to than others, but all hold fond memories in our lives.  Meg was able to pick out the drawing Deea was working on at Evan and Cameron's chess tournament at Purdue last year.  Brett was front and center in Nate Prescott's t-ball team photo of long ago.

Cal was by far in the most pictures of all of the open houses we went to this year.  That doesn't surprise me as he has spent a lot of time with Alex, Gage and Korey these past few years and has played golf with Tristen since the 3rd grade.  Graduation does not make me sad, however.  I always think of it as a  new beginning.  As I left the last open house tonight I realized that life will change for Cal next year.  He has made some close friends in this year's senior class.  He is ready to be a senior himself, however, and I know he will make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment