Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day



Brett posted this on Facebook today  "He's often been the voice of reason in my life and keeps me focused on what I need to do. I hope one day when I'm a father I'm as good and driven as he is."  I couldn't agree more.  Doug is an excellent role model for all of his children.  He is hard working, dedicated, patient and involved.  I couldn't ask for a better husband and I know the Heinisch children could not have a better father.  

I love this picture above as it sums up life with Doug.  On Father's Day he spent the day doing what he enjoys most, spending it with us - from playing tennis, to cutting down tree limbs, to showing me how to paint that last coat on the picnic table - he was involved in all that we were doing and even made dinner for my parents, Cam, Meg and I.  After a game of badminton he and my Dad entertained us with stories of the jobs they had as teenagers.  It was great listening to them both and spending the evening with them.  The Heinisch children love both very much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment