Friday, May 29, 2015

School's Out for Summer

Today was the last teacher day of the school year and I was able to walk out the door at 2 p.m.  It was a busy one, but I finished everything that I needed to get done before summer started.  My evaluation went well, my walls are barren and all electronics are unplugged.  My year end gift from the union was a Mr. Goodbar which I enjoyed as I drove home.

Cameron and I played two games of croquet before Doug got here.  We also worked on the deck.  It was finished yesterday and will be a wonderful addition to our backyard.  It just needs cleaned from all of their footprints when they put it in.  Once Doug got home the four of us went to Buffalo Wild Wings to celebrate the end of the year.  It was a long year, and I am glad to have a longer than normal summer vacation to recover.  This is the first time since Meg was in first grade that we are getting out in May.  All of the other school years were extended into June because of snow days.  The weather is supposed to be cool and rainy the rest of the week so we made sure to enjoy the outside once we returned.  It hasn't sunk in for everyone yet, but I think it will on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment