Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day started in Bloomington as we spent the morning visiting Parce and then met up with Brett to walk through campus.  We were able to do some shopping.  Meg had gifts to buy and Brett wanted us to help him pick out a gift for Cal's upcoming birthday.  Although it was supposed to rain, it really turned into a beautiful day.  The weather this weekend has been gorgeous.

Lunch was at Buffalouie's and from there we decided to head back home.  Brett had some reading he wanted to catch up on and Doug was tired from all of the driving the past four days.  We stopped at the winery briefly before heading home.  The trip was uneventful.  I was sad as I didn't want the weekend to end.  We had had a lot of fun.

Tonight was quiet at home.  Doug made dinner and we unpacked.  The Heinisch children had gotten an IU purse for my Mom which she really liked.  They also gave her some rhubarb jelly and fresh vegetables from the farmer's market.  The last gift was a gift card from Casey's.  We figured that since she drives everyone everywhere and it will come in handy.

Meg and Cameron were happy to give me their gifts as well.  Cam had made me a coupon book and a calendar.  Both were wonderful and I enjoyed looking at them with him.  Meg and Doug had a lemon plate and bowl from Pier One for me.  I appreciated those as I broke my other lemon plate when we rearranged furniture during the kitchen remodeling.

At the end of the night Brett posted a wonderful tribute to me on Mother's Day that brought tears to my eyes.  I am happy that he feels that I have been an important part of his life.  Although I talk to him by phone quite often, I don't spend a lot of time with him.  It was very nice to be able to do that these past three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment