Monday, May 25, 2015

Croquet

It was a beautiful weekend, so Cam and I decided to play something outside in the backyard, but weren't quite sure what we wanted to do.  That is when I suggested croquet.  We have had a set for years, but do not play much.  Cam and Meg tried to set it up, but needed some help as they weren't quite sure where the wickets should go or any of the rules.  After a quick tutorial from me they were ready to try it and we even talked Doug into playing.

We ended up playing so many games this weekend that I lost count.  My parents and Preston even joined in for a round or two.  As my Mom and I were talking all of the memories of the croquet games in my own backyard growing up came to mind.  Bunk and I both loved playing and my Mom would take us to croquet tournaments at West Side Park.  All of the strategy, the technique and most of all the fun we had was passed on to a new generation this weekend.  I don't know if my children will enjoy it as much as we did, but I had a great time playing with them.  By the end of the weekend they had even perfected their British accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment