Monday, May 4, 2015

Backyardigans

We have already spent quite a bit of time working on our backyard this Spring.  The weather this weekend was absolutely gorgeous, so we were out there once again.  I have made it my goal this summer to be outside more and it is a lot easier to keep that commitment if I have a project to work on or if Doug and the Heinisch children want to be out there too.

Yesterday we worked on cleaning the outside furniture, weeding, and watering.  Doug planted a new Norwegian Pine and several draft roses that needed some attention as did the new grass seed that he planted several weeks ago.  A lot of of is coming up strong, but there are still some patchy areas.  I finally saw a couple of birds in the feeders that I put out a couple of weeks ago.  

We ended the beautiful night with a bonfire while Cam played catch with the new baseball he bought at the South Bend Cubs game.  He had spent the afternoon there yesterday with Evan and the Knights of Columbus.  My parents stopped by to catch up and enjoy the backyard as well.  Can't wait for the new deck and a new swing chair.  It is going to be a great summer - ready to start now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment