Sunday, May 24, 2015

Back Home Again

Brett left this morning for Bloomington.  He had an interview at Village Deli at 4:30 p.m. and wanted to give himself time to get there.  Happily, the trip home was uneventful for him.  He went back the way he came up avoiding I-465 and Indianapolis.  Doug and I weren't sure he was ready for Indy traffic especially on race day.  When Brett left he said that he was ready to go back.  He enjoyed seeing us, but also loves his independence.  It does not hurt my feelings that he feels this way.  I can tell Cal is starting to show the same signs of wanting more independence too.  I remember being that age and felt the same way.  I do not want to hold either of them back.  They know when it is time to soar.  I respect that and can't wait to hear all about their adventures.

Cam went golfing with Mom and Doug and Meg took a six mile bike ride.  Once they returned Doug and I headed to South Bend for the end of Taste of South Bend in honor of the city's 150th birthday celebration.  The crowds were lighter than in the past few days and we enjoyed trying several different foods.  I think both of us really liked the perogies best.

We played 5 Second Rule with Cameron and Meg after we picked them up from Mom's.  I like the game a lot even though Meg was sure we cheated.  We wanted to go get ice cream, but both Joe's and DQ were packed, so instead we bought ingredients for S'Mores and enjoyed those.  It was a lovely way to end a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment