Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Endoscope

I met with the gastro surgeon yesterday about my stomach and the amount of pain I have been having.  We know that I suffer from acid reflux, but the medicine, changes of diet and raising my bed have not helped.  He went through the different problems that could be causing my symptoms, but the only way to really find out what is wrong is to do an Endoscope.  It is an outpatient procedure in which a tube will be inserted down my esophagus into my stomach to look to see what the problem is.  He will also leave a small electric transmitter that will be able to monitor my symptoms and from my personal diary be able to track them with my symptoms.  I have to be off of my medicines for a week, so I cannot have the procedure until next Tuesday.

It interferes with ISTEP, but I can't wait.  This has become unbearable.  It is very hard to sleep at night.  The doctor did say that this could all just be stressed related.  At first that really made me upset.  I hate to think that I created this problem by being anxious.  My Mom reminded me, however, that stress would be an easier fix than major surgery.  She is correct.  Plus I have to know for sure and Aunt Vicky will be there as she works in the GI lab.  Endoscope it is then!

No comments:

Post a Comment