Saturday, April 11, 2015

"Ahhhh! A Mouse!"

Doug and I spent a lot of today cleaning out the garage.  We didn't get to it as thoroughly last Spring as we normally do, so we decided to tackle it today.  Cam and Meg sorted through a couple of buckets before they headed to Mom's for the afternoon.  Cal pumped up the flat basketballs we found stored away.  Doug pulled everything off of the shelves while I sorted through the tubs of toys and such.

We spent about four hours each working on the project.  What a difference it made when we were done.  There was actual room on the shelves and we had a large box of garage sale items, a full recycling can and a packed trash can before we were done.  There was only one small incident that drove me inside for awhile.  As I searched through the remnants of the last tub of miscellaneous items I found a dead mouse under all of the rope and twine.  I screamed, ran inside and washed my hands at least thirteen times before I even considered going back out to finish up.  It was the second mouse I had found, but this one was to close for comfort.

We celebrated the clean garage by eating dinner at Chops in Fort Wayne.  It was a nice way to end the day.  By the time we drove home I had almost forgotten all about the little guy who gave me quite a scare earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment