Monday, March 9, 2015

The 7th Grade

This trimester Meg has PE first period.  Since she also has band, she can only take PE with the 7th graders.  At first she wasn't sure how she would like that, but as of now she is really enjoying meeting new people and getting to know some of her 7th grade friends better.  Today I walked out in the hall and was greeted by one of them yelling, "Hey, Mrs. Heinisch, Meg is my new bestie and I'll be at your house Friday night."  Then another one texted her tonight and invited her to go walking with her and her Mom.  

I love that Meg meets new friends wherever she goes.  She enjoys her peers and has no problem talking to anyone.  Even my fifth grade class treats her like a celebrity when she walks in the room.  I hope it is always that way for Meg.  Life is a lot more fun when you enjoy the company of others and can make friends no matter where you are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment